The main goal of the PROCEED project is to spread the process execution so that processes are executed on multiple, distributed process engines without a connection to a coordinating server or management system.
- IoT Integration:
- One of the main goals is the coordination of multiple IoT devices in a process.
- IoT devices run on a multitude of different platforms. The PROCEED execution engine offers a generic architecture to support a big variety of platforms.
- IoT devices are constraint systems with sensors and actuators that offer a wide variety of capabilities from regulating the heating to printing 3D figures.
- Fog Processes:
- Process steps are directly executed on the involved or nearby devices.
- Portable Processes:
- Processes can be transported to and continued in other environments.
- Interoperable Processes:
- Using and defining standards for executing distributed processes so that it can run on every compliant process engine.
- Context-aware Processes:
- Depending on the availability of (surrounding) systems, the process execution can adapt to current circumstances.
- Privacy-aware Processes:
- Processes that involve private data respect privacy profiles of process participants.
- Enterprise-aware Processes:
- Parts of a process can be created by different companies and integrated into one process without leaking internal process details.
- Smart process interaction:
- PROCEED offers new ways to create and interact with processes.